Cosmetic Product Registration South Korea - Overview
South Korea is known for its innovation in the cosmetic products industry. The steady demand for cosmetic products in the face of global economic fluctuations reflects the strength of the South Korean Market. However, with reputed product manufacturers competing vehemently, finding a breakthrough in the market and decoding the Regulatory perspectives of the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) can be challenging.
The MFDS South Korea classifies beauty products into three (03) categories:
- General Cosmetics
- Functional Cosmetics
Additionally, it is mandatory for all domestic and foreign cosmetic products to label the packages in the Korean language as per the Korean Cosmetic Products Act (KCPA), 2000. According to the Korean Cosmetics Act, quality testing must be conducted by lot/batch. However, the testing required for products differs based on the category of the cosmetic product.
With proven expertise, Freyr assists cosmetics manufacturers to navigate the Regulatory landscape of South Korea. Freyr is specialized in providing Regulatory support right from strategy to submissions to the lifecycle of a product.
Cosmetic Product Registration South Korea - Freyr Expertise
- Product classification.
- Cosmetics ingredients review.
- Cosmetic product labeling compliance and translation.
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Product notification and approval.
- New ingredient listing.
- Legal Representation (LR) service.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Notification.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI).
- Strategic Regulatory consulting.
Cosmetic Product Registration South Korea - Freyr Advantages
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation.
- A qualified team of experts with profound knowledge of the South Korean cosmetics market.
- Expertise in decoding cosmetic product classification as per the MFDS South Korea guidelines.
- Assistance with documentation compilation and pre-market approval with the MFDS South Korea.
- Expertise in providing Regulatory support for all classes of cosmetic products, i.e., General Cosmetics, Functional Cosmetics, and Quasi-Drugs.
- Cost-effective services with quick turnaround and faster time-to-market.